Friday, November 14, 2008

Clipping Masks in PSE6-A nightmare?

So I've been collecting all these digital scrapbook files and I'm finally sitting down to work on them. I have Photoshop Elements 6.0 which I like a little better than 5.0 but I miss the folders for the graphics. It's forced me to go through all my graphics and tag them. A lot of work, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the long run.

Anyway, I've been killing myself trying to figure out how to use the clipping mask. It's the method that merges your paper (or jpg) to the cut out or design in the template. It never worked. I don't care how many time I hit Ctrl-G, I just couldn't get it to clip and merge. I've searched everywhere. Why am I the only person with this issue? Well, guess what! I figured it out. In PSE6, you just need to right click your paper and Simplify Layer. Then if you have the paper just above the design in the layer list, you can hit Ctrl-G and it perfectly clips the paper to the design. Viola! Now, was that so hard for someone to say?

Anyone else out there been having the same problem? Try this and let me know if you feel as if you just figured out how to solve the world's economy problems.

No comments: