Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Praising God for all the wonderful things he's given us

We really need to praise God for getting us through some rough times, don't we? Since the last post, Mike and I moved our family and office to a new home in Camp Hill. It's a lot smaller and we really wondered how we were going to fit a watermelon in a shoebox, but we did it. Well, almost. We still have a lot of stuff at our farm, but we've managed to make efficient use of the spacious home we moved into. It's a lot larger than it seems from the outside and it's working out perfectly for us. I have a great office, thanks to my husband! He put in a drop ceiling with enough lights to light up a stadium, per my request. He also installed a very nice Pergo floor that makes rolling all my carts and chairs a lot easier. The kids have a play/art area that they use occasionally but as winter approaches, I think will use a lot more. It's amazing what you can get rid of too when you are limited on space. I've been learning to really think about what I want to keep and what's really not necessary.

Zach and Rachael had a homecoming dance last weekend. Zach took his new girlfriend, LeeAnn, and went with a large group to Theo's for dinner. Ms. Practical, AKA Rachael, went with a group to Taco Bell. They seemed to both have a really good time, even though the music was terrible.

Mike spent the day at the Pumpkin Fest with the other three kids and the church and I got a lot of sorting done. It was very theraputic to get rid of boxes. It really is the simple things in life.

I had my follow up appointment today and it turns out that I DO have the Factor V Leiden gene, which means that I have a greater chance than someone without the gene to develop blood clots. This is genetic and means my kids also might have it. It makes things a little more complicated like surgeries and such, but most certainly not the end of the world. At leaset we know about it now for my health and safety and the kids too.

Hopefully I can start getting some pictures on here soon. Check back later!

No comments: